Spectroil M/N-W, Military Oil Analysis Spectrometer
(Click Image to Enlarge)
- Machine Condition Monitoring
The Spectroil M/N-W is the military version of the Spectroil M family of oil and fuel analysis spectrometers. It is a compact, rugged, transportable and easy to use spectrometers designed specifically for the analysis of wear metals, contaminants and additives in lubricants, hydraulic fluids and coolants. The Spectroil M/N-W uses the time-tested and reliable rotating disc electrode (RDE) technique to measure quantities of dissolved and suspended fine particles in natural or synthetic petroleum based products and coolants.
Click on the "Play Button" below to watch the video.
The Spectroil M/N-W is the second generation of the original Spectroil M that was designed from the ground up specifically for oil analysis for military applications. It was tested and selected by the U.S. Government Department of Defense Joint Oil Analysis Program (JOAP) as their "next generation" oil analysis spectrometer.
The Spectroil M/N-W is still the only mobile spectrometer that has been tested and approved to meet the complete technical and performance requirements of the JOAP CID-0191 Specification for Deployable Spectrometers of 4 June 1999. It was assigned the NATO Stock Number 6650-01-535-4271. Additional NATO Stock Numbers have been assigned to the Spectroil M/N-W for Army, Navy and a configuration with a transit case as shown in the table below:
- Wear metals
Benefits and Features
- Provides an early warning of abnormal wear.
- Accepted and Approved for Department of Defense JOAP requirements
- Conforms to ASTM Standard Test Method D6595 requirements
- No sample preparation
- 30 second analysis time
- Bench-top and transportable
- Analyzes all elements simultaneously
- Always ready to analyze samples
- Simple to operate without special training or background
- Standard and readily available consumables
- Requires no special utilities or gases, only AC power
- Meets stringent Department of Defense requirements (JOAP)
- Optional large particle analysis capability
- Optional robotic sample changer
Product Information and Applications