SpectroVisc Q3000 Series
Portable Kinematic Viscometers
The SpectroVisc Q3000 series viscometers are the world's first truly portable, solvent-free, temperature-controlled kinematic viscometers, providing high-accuracy measurements for easy detection of viscosity variations caused by contamination, mix-up and oil degradation. The devices were designed to determine kinematic viscosity in the field for applications where immediate results are essential for determining the health of critical equipment.
SpectroVisc Q3000 viscometers use a patent-pending split cell design that enables measurement of kinematic viscosity using only a few drops (60µL) of oil. The SpectroVisc Q3000 family includes two models:
- SpectroVisc Q3000 portable viscometer, 10-350 cSt @ 40° C
- SpectroVisc Q3050 portable viscometer, 1-700 cSt @ 40° C
- Viscosity in new or used oils
Benefits and Features
- Direct kinematic viscosity measurement
- A measure of a liquid’s flow under the influence of gravity is provided at a constant temperature, so viscosity can be compared and trended with prior readings. Requires no density check, temperature measurement, instrument pre-configuration or calculation.
- Split-cell capillary channel
- Using a very small sample size; the sampling chamber controls temperature while infrared sensors measure flow and trajectory, delivering immediate results.
- Self-contained with high-resolution touch screen, battery and microprocessor
- Enables easy operation, in sunlight or low light, drawing minimal power for a 6-hour battery life. Requires no PC.
- Small sample size
- Small sample size of 60µl (about 4 drops) is easy to obtain without impacting lubricant level. Reduces waste.
- Temperature controlled: 40°C ± 0.1°C
- Each sample is held to a constant temperature for consistently accurate readings without additional pre-test measurements.
- Works with transparent and opaque oils
- Provides accurate results for even the dirtiest samples.
- No cleaning solvent necessary
- Eliminates worry about solvent disposal in remote locations. Fewer items to carry.
- Weighs less than 1.8 kg (4 lbs.)
- Designed for remote locations, the SpectroVisc Q3000 series includes a hinged cover that protects the sample chamber and touch screen while being carried by hand, in a toolbox or in a knapsack.
- Battery operated
- Stays charged for more than 6 hours. Built-in universal charger for use worldwide; region-specific power cable included.
The SpectroVisc units can be ordered as a combination kit with the FluidScan® Q1000 or Q1100 portable infrared fluid condition monitors.
Product Information and Application