SpectroVisc Q3000, Portable, Solvent Free Kinematic Viscometer
- Machine Condition Based Monitoring
The SpectroVisc Q3000 was designed to determine kinematic viscosity in the field for applications where immediate results are essential to determine the health of critical equipment.
Weighing 1.8 kg (4 lbs.), this portable, battery operated instrument has a touch-screen interface and is easy to use. Requiring no solvents, no density checks and no thermometer, the SpectroVisc Q3000 is ready for use whenever and wherever its required. Each sample is measured at a constant temperature for consistent accuracy without pre-test measurements. The SpectroVisc Q3000 is an easy-to-use, quick and reliable instrument designed for remote field use when immediate lubricant viscosity measurement is required.
Click on the "Play Button" below to watch the video.
Regular viscosity testing is crucial to a good predictive maintenance program. The SpectroVisc Q3000 helps to eliminate the guesswork of maintenance scheduling by determining the most critical physical property of oil: Its viscosity. The operator is able to detect viscosity variations caused by fuel/coolant dilution, contamination or lubricant mix-up.
- Viscosity in new or used oils
Benefits and Features
- Direct kinematic viscosity measurement
- A measure of a liquid’s flow under the influence of gravity is provided at a constant temperature, so viscosity can be compared and trended with prior readings. Requires no density check, temperature measurement, instrument pre-configuration or calculation.
- Split-cell capillary channel
- Using a very small sample size; the sampling chamber controls temperature while infrared sensors measure flow and trajectory, delivering immediate results.
- Self-contained with high-resolution touch screen, battery and microprocessor
- Enables easy operation, in sunlight or low light, drawing minimal power for a 6-hour battery life. Requires no PC.
- Small sample size
- Small sample size of 60µl (about 4 drops) is easy to obtain without impacting lubricant level. Reduces waste.
- Temperature controlled: 40°C ±0.1°C
- Each sample is held to a constant temperature for consistently accurate readings without additional pre-test measurements.
- Works with transparent and opaque oils
- Provides accurate results for even the dirtiest samples.
- No cleaning solvent necessary
- Eliminates worry about solvent disposal in remote locations. Fewer items to carry.
- Weighs less than 1.8 kg (4 lbs.)
- Designed for remote locations, the SpectroVisc Q3000 includes a hinged cover that protects the sample chamber and touch screen while being carried by hand, in a toolbox or in a knapsack.
- Battery operated
- Stays charged for more than 6 hours. Built-in universal charger for use worldwide; region-specific power cable included.
Product Information and Application